- Capacity: Guests: 100
- Spaces: Cerise Restaurant, The Cellar, The Cinema, The Eden, The Library, The Lounge, The Secret Garden
- Facilities: Air-Conditioning, Bar, Concierge Service, Disabled Access, Free WiFi, Gardens, Library, Meeting Rooms
- Food and Beverage: Afternoon Tea, British Cuisine, Canapes, Champagne, Cocktails, Fine Dining, Fine Food
- Events: Anniversaries, Birthdays, Board Meetings, Celebrations, Christmas Parties, Corporate Incentives, Engagement Parties, Meetings, Presentations, Press Conferences, Private Dining, Private Events, Receptions, Team Building Events, Weddings
- Decor: Art Deco, Chic, Fine Art, Oplulent, Rich Fabrics, Striking Wallpapers, Stylish, Tapestries, Velvet, Wood Paneling
- Availability: Available All Year
- Recognition: A Member Of Prestigious Venues
A stunning boutique hotel located in Berkshire, The Forbury is a unique and characterful venue which can host up to 100 guests in its beautifully designed suites and event spaces. With four stylish meeting rooms, the hotel is fully equipped to host business gatherings and private screenings in its on-site cinema
The Forbury is a luxurious townhouse with 23 opulent suites, a fine dining restaurant and its own private cinema. With a number of beautiful meeting rooms located within the property, the venue is ideal for hosting small residential groups as well as special events for up to 100 in its glamorous array of spaces. The largest of the Forbury event spaces is The Eden, which has its own working fireplace and can seat up to 36 for private dinners or up to 50 for a meeting. The distinctive Library space with its plush decor, caters for up to 20 and the relaxed feel of the room makes it a popular location for intimate wedding ceremonies or elegant drinks receptions. The smaller boardroom, known as The Cellar, is a unique event space for up to 12, with large decorative mirrors and inbuilt conferencing facilities.
With its specially designed Italian leather seats, the private cinema has capacity for 30 guests and offers a multitude of possibilities for corporate and private use, from business presentations to private film viewings and product launches. The cinema has the latest projectors built in, creating a professional experience for viewers. The venue also has its own outdoor space known as The Secret Garden, which is located underneath the hotel. The garden space has its own water feature and is used for pre-dinner drinks in the warmer months or for summer parties on an exclusive hire basis.
The venue has 23 beautifully styled bedrooms, as well as 16 double apartments and a penthouse. The interior décor is unique to each room and incorporates voluptuous soft furnishings with luxury facilities to create the ultimate spaces for relaxation. The hotel restaurant Cerise, is a modern brasserie serving fine British cuisine and can seat up to 50 people for a private event. For larger events, exclusive use of the hotel is available, making it ideal for residential corporate groups or private parties.
The Forbury Hotel is a grade II listed hotel venue in the town of Reading, in Berkshire. The Forbury building was constructed in 1911 as the headquarters for Berkshire County Council, known then as Shire Hall. During its time as the County Hall it accommodated staff and held committee meetings with the full council meetings being hosted in the adjacent Assize Court building. Today The Forbury Hotel has been described as ‘The UK’s Sexiest Townhouse Hotel’ by The Evening Standard, praised for its opulent design and fashionable interiors.Read More