- Capacity: Guests: 100
- Spaces: Balbano Suite, Casanova Classic Suites, Casanova Deluxe Suites, Casanova Ristorante Gourmet, Casanova Supreme Suites, Chapel, Gardens, Terrace
- Facilities: Bar, Disabled Access, Outdoor Pool, Pizza Oven, Sitting Room, Tennis Court
- Food and Beverage: Casanova Ristorante Gourmet, Marble Tiled Restaurant, Traditional Tuscan Delicacies
- Events: Alfresco Dining, Anniversaries, BBQs, Board Meetings, Business Meetings, Celebrations, Cocktail Receptions, Engagement Parties, Honeymoons, Private Dining, Receptions, Romantic, Summer Parties, Weddings
- Decor: Baroque Style Wood, Historical Furnishings, Impressively Restored 18th Century, Stone-Balustrades, Tuscan Farmhouse
- Extras: 24-Hour Room Service, Cooking Courses, Evening Turn Down Service, Wine Tasting
- Recognition: A Member Of Prestigious Venues, Highly Commended in Prestigious Star Awards 2015, Highly Commended in Prestigious Star Awards 2016
Albergo Villa Casanova is a beautiful Tuscan farmhouse set in 360 acres of private woodland and rolling hills. Luxurious and completely private, this luxury retreat is ideal for an exclusive wedding or corporate event.
Distinctive and relaxed, Albergo Villa Casanova is a boutique hotel just outside Lucca that offers the finest of Italian experiences. Set in its own grounds and with beautiful views across the valley, this is the perfect place for a private event. There are 14 carefully crafted spacious suites with magnificent terraces, huge roll top baths and sumptuous furnishings. A true haven of comfort and privacy, this is not somewhere you can easily forget.
An infinity swimming pool and terrace are at the heart of the property and when night falls, the large poolside terrace is perfect for an intimate candlelit dinner or family celebration. Menus are created daily by the in house chef from the finest, locally sourced Tuscan ingredients. On request, special tasting events can be arranged where guests enjoy superb dining paired with matching wines whilst taking in the stunning vistas.
The villa gardens and terraces make for beautiful event space and the perfect location for a destination wedding in Tuscany. An event marquee can be hosted in the grounds or an alfresco wedding banquet can be arranged on the lawns. Featuring the original farmhouse chapel, dating back to the 17th century, this Mediterranean venue offers all the ingredients for a beautiful Tuscan wedding.
Also available for exclusive hire the villa can be used for a small conference or academic course. The Balbano Suite can be used for corporate functions or meetings and seats up to 20 people boardroom style. Supreme Suites can also be used as dedicated event spaces on request.
There are three classes of suite available, each featuring a separate sitting room, bedroom, and bathroom. All bathrooms have marble floors and walk-in marble clad rainfall showers. Those with custom made free standing roll top baths, carefully positioned to enjoy the panoramic views of the valley - are without a doubt some of the finest bathrooms you will ever see, anywhere in the world. Albergo’s supreme suites are the pride of the hotel, with elegant four poster beds and a romantic garden terrace or balcony. Views from these suites are glorious and stretch in to the valley or across to the medieval tower of Castello Nozzano. The experience of waking up to see the sun rising from the Lucca valley below is a memorable one; this is a venue to truly get lost in.
Albergo Villa Casanova is a historic Tuscan farmhouse dating back to the 15th and 16th centuries. The original owners, the Balbani family, built their own chapel and later gave their name to the locality. The chapel features a vaulted roof as well as murals of angels and cherubs. As well as this, many old decorative pictures and images have been found around the grounds and restored to their original place in the chapel. Used by the Balbani family for worship when they were in residence, their private balcony is still in place today.
Nearby the beautiful walled town of Lucca has a long and colourful history. It's existence is known before 218 B.C., when the Roman general Sempronius used it as a base after a battle with Hannibal. In 1805 Napoleon made it a dukedom for his cousin Felice Bacciochi before it was given to the Tuscan state in 1847. In 1858 the Italian composer Puccini was born in the city and every year he is honoured by the "Puccini Festival' in Torre del Lago in July and August.